Categories

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Review: Son & Park Face Lighting and Shading

Hi gorgeous!

In the beginning, I didn't plan to review Son & Park Face Lighting & Shading and kinda underestimated it, because I just don't have so much faith on Korean make up products besides their BB creams and the reviews aren't so good either, but it turns out way better than I expected and it's super underrated imo. So here I am using this contour cream duo for almost every time when I do make up on, and I thought I should share with you guys because I love how it performs so much. But however, I apologize for the used product in frame and the lack of its cardboard box which was thrown out as soon I decided to use the product.

I got it from special bundling box on Althea. This is my first and only product from Son & Park.
Son & Park Face Lighting & Shading Review

Official Description:
"Define and sculpt your face with this travel ready contour kit!"

How to Use:
Use the darker powder to shade the outer areas of our face and the sides of your nose. Use the lighter powder to highlight your cheek bones, brow bone, center of the chin and the bridge of your nose. Blend using the provided brush.

Ingredients:
Lighting Powder: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triethylhexanoin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Mica (CI 77019), Silica Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Diglyceryl Sebacate/Isopalmitate, Ceresin, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Alumina, Polyethylene, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Hydroxyapatite, Ozokerite, Microcrystalline Wax, Acetylated Sucrose Distearate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Caprylyl Glycol, Diisostearyl Malate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Iron Oxides (CI 77492)

Shading Powder: Triethylhexanoin, Trimethylolpropane Triethylhexanoate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Boron Nitride, Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Diglyceryl Sebacate/Isopalmitate, Microcrystalline Wax, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Ceresin, Polyethylene, Silica Silylate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sorbitan Isostearate, Tribehenin, Methicone, Silica, Glyceryl Caprylate, Caprylyl Glycol, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77499)
Source: Memebox

Packaging: the packaging is simple, handy, small black palette case with Son&Park Logo. The size is as small as Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette that I've reviewed here. It has a perfect size mirror and completed with a good quality brush unlike some other brands.
Review Son & Park Face Lighting & Shading
Son & Park Contouring Kit Review
I like their thoughtfulness of giving the label to each side of the brush so we can use 1 brush for both contouring and highlighting without having to be afraid that the color will mix.
Review Son & Park Contouring Kit
Texture: both the shading and lighting have cream texture, which easily blended and very buildable. The highlighter is much more buttery and glides like a dream.

Performance: Both the contour and highlighter gives a natural (yet noticeable) result, which I really adore.
Son & Park Face Lighting & Shading Swatch
Since they are very easy to blend, they can be applied with the provided brush or simply with fingers, I personally prefer fingers bcs it's way faster. The contouring shade is perfect for fair to medium skin tone, it's really subtle but gives definition that really looks natural (esp in frame).
Son Park Face Lighting & Shading Swatch
The highlighting has soft pink shade which is very versatile, I believe it will match every skin tone.. It's not that blinding kinda highlighter but your camera still can catch it. Trust me, it looks so damn natural I can even use it daily -it's perfect for 'no make up' make up look. This is how they both look on me:
Tutorial of this look can be seen here
See what I mean? I only used the contour to define my nose bridge and it looked so natural, meanwhile the highlighter looked like a healthy glow instead of blinding highlights (I love blinding though, but I'd prefer healthy glow for daily look or casual occassions).
Too bad the highlighter's staying power is not something that I can call awesome, it'll wear off once it's rubbed after a couple of hours. The Shading one is still ok though.

Pro(s):
+ Easily applied & blends very well
+ Super travel friendly packaging
+ So easy to use, nobody can go wrong with it
+ Gives beautiful and natural result
+ Both of the contour and highlighter matches my skin tone, I believe the highlighter will look pretty for every asian skin tone

Con(s):
- Not widely available

Verdict: I really love Son & Park Face Lighting and Shading, it's totally my go to product, perfect for on the go, perfect for natural look, perfect for beginner (bcs they are so easy to blend), just perfectly perfect. If you wanna achieve that glowing -skin care advertisement look, go get this product!

Price: around IDR 200k++

Where to buy: I got it from Althea, but now since they are no longer ship cosmetics and skin care to Indonesia (thanks to our customs :(), maybe we can find it on shopee or tokopedia. If you live outside of Indonesia, you can get it from Yesstyle or Memebox

Thanks for reading my post

ps. The product is NOT SPONSORED and the review was made honestly based on my own experience and opinion

Lots of love..

6 comments:

  1. Nice review kak! Hehe

    Visit mine too if you don't mind :p

    Www.fimasiregar.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah menarik, tapi kayanya kurang pas ke kulit tan semacam aku yah? hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Higglightnya sih pas2 aja hehehe.. kalau contournya diatas NC-30 kyknya gak keliatan babe.

      Thank you udah mampir xxxx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Iya, Son & Park gak ada counter di Indonesia :)
      Thank you udah mampir!

      Delete