Categories

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Review: COSRX BHA skin returning A-sol

Hi gorgeous,

Today I'm gonna review the famous COSRX BHA skin returning A-sol (sorry for the lousy focus pics).


Official Description:

BHA (Betain Salicylate1%) component and black bee propolis (Black Bee Propolis 60%) melts skin wastes and dead cells in skin and soothes skin trouble.

“Used Good Ingredients and self-assurance, for flawless skin”

Natural BHA Skin Returning A-Sol is a skin-type solution product that solves the daunting problem of complex skin trouble with a combination of Propolis, AHA, natural BHA, and natural moisture-retention ingredients, as well as helping with control of sebum and clearing of dead skin cell.
Natural BHA Skin Returning A-Sol contains little oil, helping with managing sebum and pores, to give the skin cleanliness with no shine or trouble.

HOW TO USE
Correct application method:
1. In mornings/evenings after facial wash spread thinly on the troubled areas, areas with much dead skin cell, and areas with much sebum.
2. Tap gently with fingertips to absorb.

INGREDIENTS
Propolis Extract, Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, water, Glycolic Acid, Betaine Salicylate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Allantoin, Cassia Obtusifolia Seed Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Ethyl Hexanediol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil

Source: COSRX

Lately I'm suffered from breakouts around my chin & T-zone area, which is caused by Innisfree jeju volcanic black head out balm T__T. It's so devastating because since I had acne treatment from dermatologist 2 years ago (which made me spent almost IDR 10 millions for 5 visits only) I rarely got pimples.

I've read many bloggers were raving this product for spot treatment. Because I'm currently breastfeeding, I looked for a safe (but hassle-free) pimple remedies, and I saw this COSRX BHA skin returning A-sol ingredients are good, yet not too harsh: the main ingredient is propolis extract, which is 60%! The BHA is from betaine salicylate iso Salysilic Acid only 1% which still mild & acceptable for bf mums (however, I DO NOT recommend this, please consult with your doctor first if you decided to try it). Then there are also glycolic acid (AHA) and tea tree.

Now let's head on to COSRX BHA skin returning A sol review

Packaging: the packaging is COSRX typical, simple and dominated with clean white. I love it that COSRX provided both English and Korean information on their box, just like Klairs. The bottle is solid white with black pump applicator, made of sturdy plastic, well.. I'd prefer the first packaging which was transparent to make it easier to know how much product is left. And the texture is too light for that kind of pump, so the liquid sometimes splattered everywhere.
Scent: I. Loathe. The. Scent. OMG it reminds me of hospital! Besides the smell of tea tree, the alcohol scent is very strong, since alcohol is its 2nd main ingredients *sobs*, the scent actually fades quite fast if it's only applied, not compressed with cotton.

Texture: light consistency-very thin watery, like common cleansing toner, which absorbs really fast into the skin (alcohol roles)
Performance: Eventhough some ppl said this A-sol could be use as hydrating toner, I was skeptical since alcohol is on their 2nd ingredient list, and with strong alcohol scent, I was so sure that my skin will be dried after being compressed with it, so it was quite surprising to feel my skin kinda hydrated, no dry patch at all (apparently there were). And it didn't prick my skin, not even the just popped pimple, which means the BHA is so mild. I'm going to breakdown on how I use this product & the result so far:

1st day: at the first time, I used it for acne spots treatment, I applied thin layer of Cosrx BHA skin returning A sol on my troubled skin, then I put the cosrx bha skin returning A sol-soaked Raclia 1/2 cotton pad, like this:
and let it sit for around 20 mins before applying other daily skin care products. I applied it this way for 3 days straight, AM & PM, followed by Klairs Supple Preparation Toner and Skin&Lab Red Serum.
2nd day: the red bump, that just appeared yesterday morning before I applied A-sol has become white, matured pretty fast, in the evening that pimple popped by itself. I still applied COSRX BHA skin returning A sol on my fresh acne scar, but it didn't sting.
3rd day: my pimple has completely dried.
4th day-2nd week: I only applied it thinly on my troubled skin (1/2 pump is enough for me) AM & PM, waited for 5 minutes then followed with my routine.
2nd week: It's the time I'm writing this post, I see no more pimples, even I did twice full make up on, I only got dark spots (from acne). But I noticed the blackheads on my cheek got bigger that they have become small bumps. Is it because of A-sol? And I didn't see any improvement with my blackheads & whiteheads. From now on I will only use it for PM routine.
Update: When I thought this could be okay for daily toner and began to add the A-sol for my entire face in my daily regime, it was apparently not. I got the worst kind of acnes I've ever experienced, they were big cysts, deep inside the skin, itchy, and hurted so bad. It took weeks to heal those damn cysts and idk how many months to get rid of the scars. Blimey!
Verdict: I admit it's really good to get rid of acnes and heal the wounds, but if you're looking for BHA to get rid of blackheads, this is not the one since it's so mild. It might be perfect to prep your skin prior to another BHA product with higher concentration, though
Update: I only recommend COSRX BHA Skin Returning A-sol for spot treatments instead of toner since the alcohol is the 2nd main ingredients and it's irritating!

Repurchase: Not really sure, I will see how it goes with my suddenly-got-fatter-blackheads, if there's no improvement, I will only use it to compress pimples, which means it'll last quite a while.

Pro(s):
+ Works like wonder for acne treatment
+ Very cheap (100ml will last a long time for me)
+ Easy to find (through OL stores)
+ Besides alcohol, the ingredients are impressive, yet still mild
+ No fragrance, no paraben

Con(s):
- Bothering scent
- Solid white bottle makes it hard to see the remaining product
- Makes my blackheads swollen?? (Still finding out whether this product is the suspect, though)
- Because the BHA is so mild, it does nothing to my blackheads

Price: IDR 153.000 / USD 18

Where to buy: Sociolla (Use code SBN049B9E at check out to get IDR 25k off for min. purchase of 150k)
Wishtrend (Use code: 1212550608 to get $5 off), so many OL stores sell this brand nowadays, I got it from Qoo10 with good deal, though.

ps. The product is NOT SPONSORED and the review was made honestly based on my own experience and opinion

Thanks for reading, if you have different experience with this product, please do share with me!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment