Categories

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Review: Innisfree Jeju volcanic black head out balm

Hi there, gorgeous!

The idea of melting and removing blackheads away with a balm and no pain is quite irresistible. And some reviews said it worked. So here I am with Innisfree Jeju volcanic black head out balm review
Official Description
Jeju volcanic black head out balm 30ml

A cleansing balm with Jeju volcanic scoria to remove blackheads
1. Clears the nose free of blackheads. 
The balm melts as you roll it onto the skin, and dissolves the blackheads, clearing your skin. 

2. Washable-melting type 
The washable-type balm makes it easy to use, with fresh finish for oily skin. 

3. Jeju volcanic cluster with strong sebum absorption 
This precious nature oriented Jeju volcanic clusters are stronger than technology and red clay in skin clearing from the pores.

Wash away pore-clogging impurities with Jeju volcanic scoria! 
Volcanic scoria is a pure, and fairly rare, ingredient formed from lava as it cools after a volcanic eruption. 
It has a powerful sebum-absorbing capacity and washes away impurities while moisturizing skin, leaving it cleaner and healthier than ever before

How to use
Before cleansing, apply an appropriate amount onto areas where blackheads are concentrated. Use fingertips to massage for 3~5 minutes and use the cleansing foam and lukewarm water to rinse off afterwards

Ingredients:
MINERAL OIL, CETYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, PEG-20 GLYCERYL TRIISOSTEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CITRUS UNSHIU PEEL EXTRACT, ORCHID EXTRACT, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, CAMELLIA JAPONICA LEAF EXTRACT, OPUNTIA COCCINELLIFERA FRUIT EXTRACT, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, VOLCANIC ASH, SILICA, FRAGRANCE, PHENOXYETHANOL
Source: Innisfree

Packaging: I always love boxes from innisfree, because they look (and indeed are) eco-friendly. The balm itself came in brown, sturdy plastic jar without spatula. Brown is my fave color, hence I fancy the packaging. However, I'd prefer tube packaging for hygiene reason.
Scent: It smells calming imo, reminds me a bit of 'minyak telon' lol

Texture: as its name, the texture is balm - which will soon melt into oil as soon as we rub it on our skin. It felt nice, perfect for facial massage hihi.
Performance: before I tried it on my own nose, I tried it on my hubby's (He got loads of blackheads) & mom's nose, because at the time I bought the balm, I was using new skin care product, so I needed to wait for 2 weeks to make sure the new product didn't break me out.

As for application, I massaged the balm around 3 minutes (I actually intended to make it 5 mins, but trust me, 3 minutes were tiring enough for my fingers!), then I wiped the melted balm off with tissue before rinsing it with warm water + facial wash. It made their blackheads less visible, but the blackheads were obviously still there, maybe it takes a few times to get the claimed result. What I noticed is their noses were waay smoother than before.

After I made sure that my new skin care was okay on my skin, I finally tried this Innisfree Jeju volcanic bleackhead out balm on my nose & chin area, I also got a few big sized blackheads, so the timing was perfect to test out the balm. I applied it the same way like I did with my hubby and mom. And as expected, besides getting a smoother skin and less visible blackheads, the blackheads were actually still sitting on my nose nicely. I thought it's alright because I intended to make it a weekly (or twice in a week) routine. But dang dang dang! I was sooo surprised by the afternoon I got lots of pimples around my nose & chin area! BREAKOUTSSS TT__TT I was sooo sad bcs I haven't got breakouts since 2 years ago, and removing the acne scars is really a pain in the ass. *Sighhhh*
Pro(s):
+very much affordable
+easy to find
+smells pleasant
+no paraben & alcohol
+leaving skin soft n smooth
+easy to find

Con(s):
-it caused breakouts! Nothing is worse than skin care that's causing breakouts / irritation
-contains mineral oil, maybe this is why my skin reacted this way
-no spatula provided
-3 to 5 minutes of massaging seems a bit tiring ^.^;

Verdict: I've read somewhere that innisfree product is either a big hit or big miss, there's no in between. To bad, it is a big miss for me. I really liked the texture, I don't mind that the result couldn't be seen instantly and I thought I would use it whenever I go for a facial massage. But unfortunately, Innisfree Jeju volcanic black head out balm is not for me. I believe that with consistency, this balm is a good product, but if you have acne prone skin, you would want to consider the mineral oil that might trigger your acne.
Repurchase: No. I cant even use the remaining of the product, if any of you don't have problem with mineral oil & want my preloved Innisfree Jeju volcanic black head out balm, I'd be glad to give it away for free (shipping cost on you, yes)

Price: IDR 62.800 (frm Althea)

Where to buy: Althea (order through this link to get a total of IDR 115.000 referral credits, for the first time user!), Innisfree Store

Thanks for reading my post!
Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment