Categories

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

REVIEW: COSRX PHA Moisture Renewal Power Cream

Hiya there, gorgeous,

If you've read my previous posts, I might be allergic to one of COSRX's main ingredients, but I can't be so sure yet, it's probably my skin was too dehydrated, hence sensitive and easily irritated by acids that I've tried from cosrx products (even though the concentration is low enough). So when I got COSRX PHA Moisture Renewal Power Cream, I still have to tried it, since the acid is PHA, which is less irritating than AHA & BHA (I have posted the full information here -it's in Bahasa Indonesia though), yet could give the same result as AHA even though not as fast as its sisters.
All the reviews I've found are positive, so it gave me more confidence. I've also done 2 weeks of patch test prior to using it for my entire face, it was alright so I continue to the next step, and here is my COSRX PHA Moisture Renewal Power Cream honest review:
Cosrx PHA Moisture Renewal Power Cream Review

Official Description:
"Meet the moisturizer that will make your skin soft and hydrated in one go! This cream is formulated with 3% PHA, a gentle acid known to help prevent moisture loss, and 50% coconut fruit extract to deeply hydrate the skin. It also contains 2% niacinamide, a powerful brightening agent for a more even complexion. If your skin feels ever gets dry or dehydrated, this cream will give you the intense moisture your skin needs without any greasy feeling."
This product has a pH level of 5.
Fragrance-free.
1.69 oz / 50 ml

KEY INGREDIENTS
Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Water 61.15% Gluconolactone (PHA) 3%Niacinamide 2%

INGREDIENTS
Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Gluconolactone, Niacinamide, Betaine, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Beeswax, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Kernel Oil, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin

Source: https://sokoglam.com/products/cosrx-pha-moisture-renewal-power-cream
http://cosrx.kr/product_012.html

From what I've read here, PHA is effective at minimum of 4%, it might be still effective but will take a longer time to see the result.

After checking the whole ingredents from acne mantra, this are some ingredients you would wanna know if you have severe acne prone skin:
Butylene Glycol is mildly comedogenic
Cetearyl Alcohol is mildly comedogenic
Dimethicone is mildly comedogenic 
Beeswax is comedogenic 

Read my post here to see which level of comedogenic would effect your skin.

Packaging: The packaging is as the other COSRX cream, white plastic jar with screw lid and a safety lid. It comes with a box, with typical cosrx design, sleek and simple. The box has English description instructions, and ingredients list. Meanwhile the jar only has description in hangul.
Cosrx PHA Moisture Renewal Power Cream Review Indonesia
The expiration date is described at the bottom side of the jar so I can toss the box right away.
Review Cosrx PHA Moisture Renewal Power Cream
I wonder why COSRX don't change all of their creams packaging to tube, like their overnight masks. Anyway since it's 50 ml and the lid shuts pretty tight, it's travel friendly.

Scent: COSRX PHA Moisture Renewal Power Cream is not synthetically scented but it has a slight fresh-coconut water scent.

Texture: The product has a light gel texture that spreads easily and absorbs pretty fast. It seriously feels refreshing to apply COSRX PHA Moisture Renewal Power Cream.
Cosrx PHA Cream Review
Performance: I've been using Cosrx PHA Moisture Renewal Power Cream daily for 2 weeks in PM after niacinamide serum. A little goes a long way with this product, one kidney bean size of the cream is enough for my entire face. There is no tingling or prickling sensation at all. It has smooth and dewy finish. it leaves greasy film though which will absorb completely in less than an hour.

In the first 2 days, my skin became so smooth I almost believed I could achieve that glass skin lol so I had a good feeling that this gel cream might be my soul mate.. Then 5 days later, I got a hurt, deep cyst. I thought it's okay, could be purging.. but if I got another pimple I guess I'd better stop.. And a couple days later I got another 3 deep cysts + 2 small pimples in different areas. including on the area that I rarely got pimples. I took a pic of my face and saw that my pores were congested everywhere. So I stopped right away. Here is the comparison of my skin before and after using COSRX PHA Moisture Renewal Power Cream:
Cosrx PHA Moisture Renewal Power Cream Before After
Before After Cosrx PHA Moisture Renewal Power Cream
It's been 5 days since I stopped using the product, I still got 2 pimples, one is deep and hurts so bad, and the other one is already 'ripe', but the other deep cysts were shrunken and my pores aren't as congested as before. So I am so sure that the PHA cream is the culprit.

I am so sad that this hyped PHA Moisture Renewal Power Cream from COSRX didn't work for me, even though it worked on most people. I've used AHA for more than 1 year before and my skin was okay (it was so good tbh), I've also had salicylic acid peelings done by professionals and didn't get bad reaction either. So I kinda doubt that I am reacting to PHA (the concentration is also too low to be irritating). I got 3 assumptions on why my skin was reacting this bad:
1. My skin cannot tolerate coconut extract
2. I am indeed allergic to butylene glycol, which is the 2nd main ingredients of every cosrx product
3. It's not moisturizing enough (I've read someone has complained the same thing) for my dehydrated skin.

I did really wish that COSRX PHA Moisture Renewal Power Cream worked on me like it worked on lots of people, I still have 2 other cosrx product in my stash that I've been really eager to try but got delayed because of the time I took from this kind of recovery :'(

Pro(s):
+ Feels light on my skin, and the light gel spreads easily
+ A little goes a long way
+ Doesn't contain fragrance
+ Affordable

Con(s):
- Didn't work on ME
- Since the percentage of PHA is low, it takes longer time to see the result
- Only available at some online shops

Verdict: I can't say that I dislike the product since it's most probably because of my personal skin preference. if you are a beginner in acids, or you tried AHA before but your skin couldn't take it.. This one might be friendly for you. The coconut extract & beeswax could be pore clogging for some people though, and you would want to be careful if your skin has reacted to another cosrx products before, so always do patch test.. 

Repurchase: No..

Price: USD 18.20 (currently on sale on Jolse) - USD 25

Where to buy: Sociolla (Use code SBN049B9E at check out to get IDR 25k off for min. purchase of 150k)
Wishtrend (Use code: 1212550608 to get $5 off)

Thanks for reading my post!

ps. The product was given by the brand (but NOT FOR REVIEW PURPOSE) and the review was made honestly based on my own experience and opinion

Love,

1 comment:

  1. Yahh sedih banget ya kalau coba skincare baru trs ga cocok


    ursula-meta.com

    ReplyDelete