Categories

Thursday, June 13, 2019

Review: La Roche Posay Anthelios Invisible Anti Shine Mist SPF 50

Hi again, gorgeous,

Summer is around the corner!! Are you(r skin) ready???

I actually kind of fed up with getting new pimples from sunscreen, and if you've read my previous posts you must have known that I have sensitive, acne prone skin that reacted to almost everything, and of course including sunscreen. I  have tried a few chemical sunscreens because before I came to the Netherlands my skin was so oily so I hate the idea of using occlusive physical sunscreen (I tried once though, with not so good formulation and it caused 1-2 pimples afterwards). If you starting to have a thought that I might have not cleansed it properly, well.. I guess I have, using cleansing balm / oil as the first cleanser, wiped it with microfiber cloth that has been soaked in warm water, then followed with a facial wash. I believe it is clean enough. And the pimple(s) start appearing within hours after I applied the sunscreen, usually they are itchy, or hurt.. So I am 100% sure it's an allergic reaction.

I was planning to find physical sunscreen because I've heard the formulation are waay better nowadays so it's less pore clogging, but when I browse on FB I saw an ad from La Roche Posay that they have a 'try La Roche Posay Anthelios UV for free'. It's a brand that has always caught my eyes and they claimed that the sunscreen is suitable for sensitive, oily and blemish-prone skin, plus it's free. I'm pretty much willing to give it a chance. So after using it for half a year, here is my honest La Roche Posay Anthelios Invisible Anti-Shine Mist SPF 50 review:
La Roche Posay Anthelios Invisible Anti Shine Mist Review
Official Description:
"Suitable for oily and blemish-prone skin and suitable for skin that is prone to sensitivity, sun-intolerance or prickly-heat. Anthelios’ first very high UVA and UVB protection sunscreen with the light, fresh texture of a thermal spring water. The highly moisturising spray is easy to apply, quickly absorbed and delivers a double anti-shine action with an ultra-dry finish and no residual white marks. A fresh fragrance ensures a long lasting clean skin feeling. Can be worn under or on-top of make-up and can be re-applied throughout the day. Water resistant."
  • Exceptionally high broad, photostable UVA/UVB & Infrared protection
  • Invisible, matt-finish texture
  • Can be worn over or under make-up

Key Benefits:
- Fresh mist, quickly absorbed.
- Dry and invisible finish.
- Pleasant and light sun care fragrance for maximum compliance.
- Hypoallergenic.
- Paraben free. 
- Water resistant 

Active Ingredients
Enriched with with Airlicium, a cutting-edge ingredient used by NASA, that forms a supple and resistant film over the skin and smoothes its surface whilst letting it breathe. Aircilium absorbs 3 times its weight in oil, keeping the skin matte and unified with a velvet finish.

Ingredients
Butane, Aqua / Water, Homosalate, Octocrylene, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Nylon-12, Diisopropyl Sebacate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, P-Anisic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Carnosine, Cyclohexasiloxane, Disodium EDTA, Drometrizole Trisiloxane, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, PEG-32, PEG-8 Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Poly C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol, Parfum / Fragrance.

How to use:
Apply 30 minutes before exposure and re-apply frequently and generously every two hours to maintain protection especially after swimming, perspiring or towelling. Shake well before use.


Packaging: The packaging of La Roche Posay Anthelios UV Spray is normal lol, reminds me of Kose Sunscreen Spray that once upon a time was in my wishlist. The tin bottle has transparent cap and has orange accent which automatically associated as sun care product. It's small enough (75 ml of product) to slip into your clutch bag or even (big) pocket, so of course, it's travel friendly.
La Roche Posay Anthelios Mist Review
Scent: La Roche Posay Anthelios Sunscreen is fragranced with popular sunscreen-like scent.

Texture: Once sprayed, the product became translucent within seconds, it feels so light and translucent.. I sometimes didn't remember that I have applied sunscreen on my face. this is the best sunscreen's texture that I've tried so far.
La Roche Posay Sunscreen Spray Review
First impression: was not so good. I tried to spray La Roche Posay Anthelios Invisible Anti-Shine Mist on my face with closed eyes, then when I opened my eyes I felt my eyes hurted so bad I couldn't manage to keep them open, so I finally took the sunscreen off with cleansing oil + damp microfiber cloth. From second attempts (and until today), I sprayed the sunscreen mist to my whole face with closed eyes, then I walked away a few steps from the point I sprayed it while still closing my eyes, then when I had some distance I opened my eyes and had no problem. But when I looked closely, I could see some sunscreen was sitting on my vellus hair, so I gently dabbed my whole face to make sure that the sunscreen gets directly onto my skin. It also left no shiny film, as you can see me after spraying La Roche Posay Anthelios Sunscreen Mist here:
La Roche Posay Anthelios Spray Review
See? My skin even looked more matte after the application. But however after a few hours my face did look shiny, but still better than other sunscreens that I've tried. And seriously, I don't feel any weight of the sunscreen whatsoever, it's definitely the lightest sunscreen that I have ever tried in my life. The best news: when I used it the whole day, I've got no new pimples (YAYYYY!!), I had a good feeling with this.

Performance:
I've been using La Roche Posay Anthelios Invisible Anti-Shine Mist quite often (not every day, since I don't go out everyday, nor let my window shade open), mostly I don't get new pimples from it, but sometimes when I used it for 3 days straight, or more, I get one or two itchy kind of pimple which sometimes just disappeared on its own by the end of the day. So I think it's still manageable..

What I really love about this sunscreen mist from La Roche is it's so handy to apply and re-apply anywhere and anytime, even when I'm wearing make up I don't have to remove my make up all over again only to re-apply this sunscreen just like how we should with another chemical sunscreen.

As for its sun blocking performance I can't really compare since I never had sunburn (thanks to my Asian skin).

I love and hate La Roche Posay Anthelios Spray small size since it fits into my pocket and can always bring it everywhere I go, but hell.. it also runs out fast (so it's not so budget friendly if you apply daily and reapply it religiously every 2 hours) XD

Pro(s):
+ Matte finish
+ Translucent, no white cast whatsoever
+ Feels so light on my skin, almost like nothing
+ Can be applied before and after make up, hence makes the re-application very easy
+ Doesn't irritate me as much as another chemical sunscreen I've tried 
+ Hygienic and very much travel friendly packaging
+ Water resistant
+ Easy to get within Europe both online and offline

Con(s):
- Fragranced
- Still irritating my super sensitive skin if I use it 3 days in a row
- Runs out fast, hence not so budget friendly even though the price is actually quite affordable

Verdict: La Roche Posay Anthelios Invisible Anti-Shine Mist is the handiest, lightest, and most translucent sunscreen I've ever tried. It's my current go to chemical sunscreen, I love it so much even when my skin reacted to it when I use it 3 days in a row, the pimples-like disappeared by their own by the end of the day and I am okay with that. If your skin is not super sensitive as mine, you're gonna love it sooo, so much.

Repurchase: Yes, until I find physical sunscreen that doesn't break me out.

Price: Eur 12.6

Where to buy: Any drugstore in Europe

Thanks for reading my post!

ps. The product is NOT SPONSORED and the review was made honestly based on my own experience and opinion

Love,

3 comments:

  1. Agak tricky tapi ya pake sunscreen spray begini soalnya semprotannya bisa ga merata kebawa angin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Untungnya sih aku nggak pernah ngalamin permasalahan itu, krn selalu apply di depan wastafel kamar mandi indoor :) Thank you sudah mampir!

      Delete
  2. Cepet abis ya sunscreen spray kaya gini hehehe

    ReplyDelete