Categories

Monday, December 31, 2018

Shiseido Aqualabel Special Gel Cream Review

Hello gorgeous babes,

This time I'm gonna share Shiseido Aqualabel Review. Aqualabel is Shiseido's more affordable line.
Shiseido Aqualabel Special Gel Cream Review
This Red jar has been sitting in my stash for a year.. I got it from my Japanese friend.
After accepting the truth that oily skin also need moisturizer, and my skin is actually dehydrated, I  finally committed on daily moisturizer and I finished the first jar of my moisturizer that I reviewed here. So finally I got a chance to try this multi-tasking product before it goes expired.

Shiseido Aqualabel Cream Review
Official Description:
GIVE YOURSELF BOUNCY, SUPPLE SKIN! This gel is part of the Aqualabel range of products produced by Shiseido, Japan. It acts as 5 different products in 1 and has everything needed for hydrated, smooth, radiant and crystal-clear skin.
•Acts as a lotion (toner), essence, cream moisturizer, emulsion, and face mask to give the ultimate all-in-one beauty product 
•Contains hyaluronic acid and highly concentrated collagen GL to support and hydrate skin, and fight signs of aging.
Powered by Aqualabel's exclusive Aqua Synergy technology, Collagen GL Cream is said to penetrate deeper into the skin layers and deliver moisture as well as effective ingredients into the skin while softening
 •Smooth and non-greasy gel that infuses your skin with continuous moisture. Great for people with oily skin •Absorbs quickly without leaving any greasy feel Use twice a day after cleansing. Apply gently to the face until thoroughly absorbed. Looking for other products in this range? Check out our other items or drop Size: 90g

Ingredients:  Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Dimethicone, PEG-240/HDI Copolymer Bis-Decyltetradeceth-20 Ether, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Gellan Gum, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Juice, Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, PEG/PPG-14/7, Dimethyl Ether, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Solluble Collagen, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metaphosphate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Potassium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, BHT, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance.

Source: Rakuten

After my first multi-tasking beauty product that I've reviewed here, the claims surely made me excited, 5 steps in one go? I am def in!

There are 3 mildly comedogenic ingredients from the list: Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone & Tocopherol

Packaging: Shiseido Aqualabel Special Gel Cream is packaged in a red jar made of plastic with flip lid. It's wrapped in red carton box, full of description written in Japanese, and like any other Japanese product, there's no information in English whatsoever. It has a silver sticker seal between the lid and the jar and a disposable styrofoam safety lid.
Review Shiseido Aqualabel Special Gel Cream
It's quite bulky, but it's still allowed in the cabin since the size is 90 g so it is still a bitttt travel friendly. It doesn't come with spatula. It doesn't matter though since spatula can also be unhygienic if we don't clean it after and before use, and fingers can also be cleaned, right? However tube or pump packaging is still my fave.

Scent: It has mild rose scent, I like how it smell but dislike it at the same time bcs the product contains fragrance :(

Texture: It's a kind of semi transparent white gel that will get back to it's form. It's very light, spreads easily like a dream and a little goes a long way.
Shiseido Aqualabel Special Gel Cream Review Indonesia
Performance: My first Impression: the cream feels very light, fresh, absorbs very fast, and doesn't leave any greasy film whatsoever. My face feels very smooth after application. I only need this much to cover my entire face:
Review Shiseido Aqualabel Special Gel
I use it as a moisturizer after my serum. The first 2 weeks of using Shiseido Aqua Label, my face looks more dull than before and my pores looked more clogged than before.
Shiseido Aqualabel Special Gel Cream Before After
I tried it again for a couple of months just to make sure that this is the culprit and yes, I developed acnes that itches on my cheeks, nose and chin. Now I have stopped from using Shiseido Aqua Label for more than a month and my skin is getting better. no more itchy pimples. I tried to use it for my neck because I don't feel like wasting any product but I also got pimples sometimes on my neck (It's very rare for me to have pimples on the neck area).

Seeing other bloggers' experience with the product, there were none reacted to Shiseido Aqua Label like I did. So my biggest suspect is I am indeed allergic to Butylene Glycol, when it's only mildly comedogenic and less likely to cause acne to most people. So don't worry if you have no sensitivity to butylene glycol, I don't think your skin will react like me. However, even though Shiseido Aqua Label Moisturizing Gel makes my skin feels soft and moisturized, turns out it's not hydrating enough, even in summer. I could feel it's only moisturize on the surface. So if you happen to have a dehydrated skin, the product is not for you. And because it's also not hydrating enough even as a moisturizer, of course it can't substitute lotion (toner), essence, cream moisturizer, emulsion, and face mask.

Pro(s):
+ Very light, non-sticky and doesn't leave any greasy film
+ A little goes a long way
+ Makes the skin feel soft

Con(s):
- Clog my pores and break me out (this one could be because I'm allergen to Butylene Glycol)
- Doesn't do what it claimed: not even hydrating enough as a moisturizer
- Contains fragrance
- Only available in Japan or through Amazon / Rakuten Global

Verdict: Shiseido aqua label special gel cream is claimed to be 5 in 1 product:  lotion (toner), essence, cream moisturizer, emulsion, and face mask and claimed as "moisture boost". But I don't feel it's hydrating enough as a moisturizer. So obviously the product is not as its claim. If you have oily (but not dehydrated skin) you might like this moisturizer gel since it feels very light, non-sticky, and gives smooth-matte finish. But if you have dehydrated skin, geez.. don't bother.

Repurchase: Nope.

Price: USD 15.90 / EUR 13.60

Where to buy: Rakuten Global / Amazon

Thanks for reading my post!

ps. The product is NOT SPONSORED and the review was made honestly based on my own experience and opinion

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment