Categories

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Review: Lebaton Ban Ban Cleanser

Hiya gorgeous babes,

I always wanted to do first cleansing with oil but thought it's less practical than micellar water since I didn't have hot tap water back in Indonesia. So I never bought one, until I got Lebaton Ban Ban Cleanser from MD's pick Althea Box.

This is a very handy product, 2 cleansing steps in one bottle! I think other brands need to make this as well lol. However, I don't always use it everytime I need double cleansing, only when I am able to take a shower with make up or sunscreen on (because I only shower once a day lol and always with warm water) I found it very practical.

Official Description:
Source: Althea

Packaging: It comes with a white and pastel coral pink box, the bottle is made of sturdy plastic which is divided into 2 colors: solid white for the cleansing gel and transparent pink for the oil, with 2 separated pump, I wish both sides were transparent so I'd know when my product is abt to run out. Since the total product amount is 100ml (each side is 50ml), it is travel friendly (in the terms that it can be brought to cabin lolll), but from the size it is not that friendly..
I am happy that the packaging has English description. But no ingredients or how to used information though..

Scent: It has strong grapefruit scent for both oil and gel.

Texture: both are very light, eventhough the deep pore cleansing gel called gel, but it's runny just like liquid soap. And because of that I use 3 pumps per use, but still.. it hasn't run out until now lol
Performance: I've been using it for months, and in the beginning I only used the deep pore cleansing gel and it worked just fine on me, no breakouts, doesn't give that tight-from-dry effect and it does the job very well. But that's it.. it doesn't have extra effect like controlling my sebum or makes me look glowy. My hubby also tried it when we ran out of our HG facial wash that I've mentioned in my daily cleansing regime post in here, and it worked for him as well. I only tried the brightening cleansing oil around 3 or 4 times because it caused breakouts on me *sobs*, I thought it was from another product but when I used it again I always got new acnes. When I read the ingredients (too late, I know), I found olive oil and fragrance, and yeah, that's why. However, it performs good on cleansing my foundation (which needs lots of micellar water) and also eye waterproof make up products.. If you have dry skin this might work on you.

Here's the Ban Ban Cleansing Oil performance test:

Here's the comparison after using Ban Ban Cleansing oil:
Pro(s):
+ Very handy, 2 steps in 1 packaging
+ Affordable
+ The cleansing gel is suitable for oily, acne prone and sensitive skin (like me)
+ No-paraben & alcohol
+ Sophisticated packaging (imo)

Con(s):
- The cleansing oil is not suitable for oily and acne skin type
- The cleansing oil contains fragrance
- Difficult to find (only from Korean beauty e-commerce)

Verdict: I actually like the deep pore cleansing gel, but too bad the cleansing is not friendly for acne-prone skin. So in the end I can't love this product because it break me out, but if you have dry skin, you may give it a try since it has good cleansing power and very handy to have.

Repurchase: no, I'd rather buy facial wash only and stick with my micellar water

Where to buy: Althea, too bad Indonesia's importing rule has changed and we can't buy cosmetics & skin care from Althea anymore TT_TT

Thanks for reading my post!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment