Categories

Monday, July 10, 2017

Review & Swatches: Colourpop lippie to go stellar mini kit

Ciao, gorgeous!!

I have been sooo curious to try lippies from colourpop cosmetics for sooo long. But you know, I quit my job and I got lots of lippies (mostly in SIMILAR COLOR) in my drawer, so my hubby will look at me with hatred if I buy more lippies (even tho with my own money, that I earned by myself) so I held myself.. until I was in delivery room trying to give birth to my daughter. I really wanted to do natural birth, but sadly.. after 36 hours without any progress, my hubby encouraged me to do C-section instead. I was so afraid to die (srsly, I never had any operation before and once upon a time I ever had a super stupid wish that God would take me when I give birth -Lord, I am taking back my wish.. forgive me for being a super fool). Then I bought Colourpop Stellar Holiday Set (Mini Size) to encourage myself (also because it got 5 shades with the cost of 3 full size shades) LOL I know it's soooo drama & silly, but here we go, the Colourpop Lippie to Go Stellar Mini Kit Review & Swatches:
Colourpop Lippie to Go Stellar Mini Kit consists of 5 shades double sided sticks (one side is lipstick and the other one is liner with same shade -except Button which got darker shade of liner) with 2 finishes:

Satin:
-Frenchie (they said it's matte on the web but it's def shiny): bright brick red
-Button: pale peachy pink
-Brunch: popping coral tone, almost orange - the color is so poppin it doesn't seem real XD

Matte:
-Brink (but I still caught a slight of sheen anyway): warm dusty taupe
-Dalia: deep burgundy wine

Here are the swatches:
I chose Stellar edition because I THOUGHT it got 3 nude shades out of 5, but apparently only 1 shade looked nude on me when I wear full make up (brink) LOL. Dalia is a really pretty vampy shade, and the most unwearable for my skin tone is brunch. It feels like I'm using make up app filter in real life when wearing it.

Packaging is good, eventhough they're waay smaller than my expectation, but it's handy to have both lipstick & lip liner in one stick, not to mention they're really fit your pocket, so they're pretty much travel friendly. The lippies are wrapped in white plastic tubes, with also white plastic caps and just like the full size ones, there are a colored-line under the cap to show the lipstick shade. The brand and shade are described with silver (with rainbow gleams?) color. They are packaged in a metallic green colored box.

Scent: sweet, cake-like scented. Not bothering tho.

Texture: Except Dalia, the lippie stix glides on veeery smoothly like butter on my lips, they smeared evenly and felt just nice. The matte-st shade is Dalia, but this is a bit hard to work with comparing to another shade. But it's still okay. Every shade but Brunch doesn't emphasize my lip lines and very much buildable. My least fave shade and texture is Brunch.

Performance: the pigmentation is superr awesome, 1 layer is opaque enough to cover my lips. It doesn't dry me out.

Staying power: pretty long lasting for satin kind of lippies, I say. It stays, doesn't feather and only need a bit of touch up after meal. For Dalia is a bit turn down though, I thought the matte one would've had better staying power but it's the worst than the other shade, the inner part is completely gone after meal and left me looking like some emo. lol.

Here are how them 5 shades look on me:
Pro(s):
+still considered affordable
+non-drying, chapped lips-free!
+smells yum
+super awesome pigmentation & opaqueness
+doesn't emphasize lip lines (except Brunch)
+good staying power (except Dalia)
+glides on very smoothly
+so handy (mini size & got both lipstick & lip liner in one package)

Con(s):
-due to butter-like formula & sample size it'll run out fast
-not every shade got the same formula (yas, I'm talking bout you, Dalia & Brunch!)
-not so easy to find in Indonesia (even on their own website the set is already discontinued, but besides Dalia, you can find the full size ones sold separately)

Verdict: If you like the shade, Colourpop lippie stix is so worth to buy, you need to own at least one (or a dozen) from this brand, it's really good and affordable comparing to the quality.

Repurchase: No, I would try the liquid ones when I got the chance LOL

Price: IDR 350.000

Where to buy: I got it from Colourpop.id on shopee

Thanks for reading my post!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment