Categories

Thursday, May 11, 2017

REVIEW: The Face Shop Yehwadam Revitalizing Line - Fight Aging as Early as Possible!

Hiya gorgeous!

I never noticed that I'm already in my late 20s (not because I look young LOL, it's just I'm not ready to grow up), whenever I met someone who is around 21-22 y.o. I got some kind of sudden thought that he/she is around my age, until I realized that it's already 2017 :')

Speaking of age, I was invited to The Face Shop Indonesia Yehwadam launching (thanks to Clozette Indonesia) at Central Park Mall Jakarta last month.

In the event, besides following a korean make up demo, we had a chance to try Yehwadam skin care line which is an anti aging line designed for women from 20-30 y.o. (yas, the earlier the better) & some of their make up (where I finally found the best concealer to create Korean style gradient lips)
and the best part, we went home with a goodie bag that includes the Yehwadam Trial Set. I have been using the set for 2 weeks, and here it is.. the Face Shop Yehwadam review:
Official Description:

"YEHWADAM is an anti-aging skincare line inspired by traditional Korean beauty methods found in ancient books and teachings. Sparked by age-old skincare secrets handed down from one generation to another, YEHWADAM products are made with natural Korean ingredients processed by traditional methods.
The product line prevents the signs of premature aging, the Revitalizing line makes dull skin radiant again."

The main ingredients in this YEHWADAM line are:
SAFFLOWER FROM SANCHEONG, JIRI MOUNTAIN: Improves skin tone and complexion.
GINSENG FROM PUNGGI: Re-energizes skin with ginseng extract, which some say is the secret to younger looking skin.
GOJI BERRY FROM CHEONGYANG: For radiant, glowing skin.

Full Ingredients:
How to use:
Step 1: Toner
After cleansing, apply the toner onto the face and neck using cotton or bare palm to balance the skin's acidity level.

Step 2: Serum
Apply evenly onto the face and neck, and tap gently to enhance the absorption

Step 3(AM): Emulsion
Apply evenly onto the face and neck, and tap gently to enhance the absorption, I personally like to cover my cheeks and forehead with my palms for a few seconds right after application to create steaming effect

Step 4: Eye cream
Apply gently with the ring finger

Step 5(PM): Cream
Smooth the cream evenly onto the face and neck

Packaging:
I only got the trial set, but the full size ones look so pretty and luxurious, dominated with peach color. I would love to show them at my dressing table if I own them :)

Texture:
Toner: the toner is quite light with runny liquid texture. The color is transparent and absorbs to the skin pretty fast. It feels calming. I only need 4 drops for my face + 2-3 drops for the neck.
Serum: this is the thickest consistency serum I've ever tried so far, the texture is gluey, which a bit reminds me of snail's slime. Surprisingly, the serum absorbs very fast to the skin, so we need to apply it quickly. My face felt a bit sticky afterwards but would get back to normal once the serum has fully absorbed. I use 1 pump for the face + 1 pump for the neck.
Emulsion: the texture is similar to lotion (not Japanese kind of lotion), it's thick liquid but still light, runny and very much spreadable. Absorbs fastly to the skin and leaving it soft, supple, and hydrated without making it greasy. I use around pea or red bean size for my whole face, same amount for the neck.
Cream: the cream has rich and thick consistency, leaving my face feeling richly moisturized. Because of its intensive and rich moisturizer, it's recommended to be used for night routine, due to my oily skin, I personally only use it sometimes when I feel my skin is a bit dry from acne treatment.
Scent: every product has similar nice floral scent which lingers quite a long time. It feels like spraying perfume on my face, doesn't bother so much though.

Performance:
After 2 weeks of trial, I could feel my face is really soft, moisturized, supple and really make me wanna touch my skin all the time! And what made me even happier, my face looks brighter eventhough the product didn't claim anything about brightening effect, maybe this is what radiant really looks like. Yehwadam skin care line also didn't break me out. Super love!
PS: The pimples were caused by slept in with sunscreen on, not from Yehwadam
Pro(s):
+smells pleasant
+lovely packaging
+easily absorbed
+made my skin healthy, supple, moisturized, brighter and glowy
+easy to find

Con(s):
-the scent could be overwhelming for some people
-contains alcohol & fragrance
-no SPF
-a bit expensive

Verdict: Yehwadam skin care line is really recommended for 20-30 y.o. who lives in polluted, or often exposed by UV like us. It really defies aging and made my skin healthy, hence it feels supple, looks brighter and glowy. I know it's a bit expensive, but the products last quite a long time.. besides the serum (which is 15ml) that ran out in 23 days (yes I marked it lol), I still got around 1/4 of other products left by now (when I'm posting this, it's already 1 month 12 days!). I also informed that Yehwadam is safe for pregnant & nursing mom, so there is no reason to not using them >_<

Price:
Toner : IDR 525.000
Serum : IDR 900.000
Emulsion : IDR 575.000
Cream : IDR 900.000
Eye cream : IDR 900.000

Where to buy: The Faceshop Indonesia stores (click for store location)

Thank you for reading!
Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment