Categories

Friday, March 30, 2018

[JOLSE] COSRX Low pH BHA Overnight Mask 50ml Review

Hello gorgeous,
Happy Good Friday!

Do you prefer mild exfoliation with acids than scrubs?
Do you use sleeping mask often?
Do you like COSRX brand?
if you say yes to those 3 questions then read until the end because I'm gonna review the latest product from COSRX, Low pH BHA Overnight Mask :
COSRX Low pH BHA Overnight Mask Review

COSRX BHA Overnight Mask Review
Official Description:
"Low pH BHA Overnight Mask polishes away dullness and reveals your soft skin during the night. 0.9% BHA will help to reduce roughness and make skin complexion look healthier."

Intensive treatment while asleep.
- Exfoliating while asleep with BHA.
- Skin regeneration during night.
Skin soothing and regeneration - Contains 50% Centella Asiatica Leaf Water.
Dual moisturizing - Primary with Panthenol Secondary with Beeswax.

How To Use
Apply proper amount of cream evenly on face.
*For daytime usage, follow with a broad-specrtum sunscreen rated SPF 30 or greater.
※ Do not use BHA products if you are allergic to aspirin.
※ Must be used with sunscreen in daylight.
※ Do not use BHA Overnight Mask with any other highly concentrated AHA, BHA or Vitamin C products.

INGREDIENTS
Centella Asiatica Leaf Water, Butylene Glycol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Betaine, Panthenol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Elaeis Guineensis 
(Palm) Kernel Oil, BeesWax, Gluconolactone, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, 1,2-Hexanediol, Betaine Salicylate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Lactic Acid, Water, Niacinamide, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethyl Hexanediol, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil

Source: Jolse & Cosrx

I was thrilled when I was chosen by Jolse to review this product last month. I love COSRX brand and currently need mild acids in my regime. My skin got better recently, but I stil have to remove those clogged pores that look obvious under my base make up. Eventhough the BHA percentage is quite low (but it's honestly what I need since I am still breastfeeding) I hope COSRX BHA Overnight mask could gently exfoliate my skin and help to make it better gradually.

However, after I checked the ingredienst on CosDNA, there are 4 ingredients that can clog the pores and cause acne with rating 1-2: Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, BeesWax (low rating but still..)

So I kinda felt discourage lol.. Moreover, palm oil can also cause breakouts to some people.. But previousy my skin didn't react to another product that contains palm oil, so I hope this Cosrx BHA sleeping mask won't break me out either.

Packaging: Unlike the other COSRX Overnight Mask, Cosrx BHA Overnight Mask came in white color and a touch of blue -soft matte plastic tube with a screw lid. It got a foil seal on the lid that can be peeled easily, or pricked with the sharp side of the lid.
Review COSRX BHA Sleeping Mask
It comes with a box, with typical cosrx design, sleek and simple. Both the box and the tube has English description & instructions, and the ingredients list in English is described on the box.
COSRX Low pH BHA Overnight Mask Indonesia
The expiration date is described on the tube so I can toss the box right away.
COSRX BHA Sleeping Mask Review
I like the packaging because it's hygiene, the softness of the plastic tube makes it easy to control how much product to dispense, it's travel friendly, and the design is simply neat.

Scent: COSRX Low pH Overnight Mask has centella or tea tree scent, reminds me of their A-sol (minus the strong alcohol scent), it's not bothering at all and will fade pretty soon.

Texture: The pack has white dense balm-like texture, reminds me a bit of silicone face primer. It feels quite light though and spreads pretty easily.
Review COSRX BHA Overnight Mask
Performance:
I've been using Cosrx Low pH BHA Overnight Mask for 2 weeks in PM with 4 days on-2 days off pattern (because I believe exfoliation is enough at 5 days/ week). I didn't use any other product after cleansing prior to this product, to measure the effectiveness because what I know, acids should be applied on clean skin (as direct to the skin as possible). I need 2 kidney size of the product for my entire face. There is no tingling or prickling sensation at all. It has silky smooth finish, doesn't leave a greasy film whatsoever.

What I noticed from my skin, my dark spots from acne scars got a bit fader. My existing acne also healed faster. But sadly I got a few cysts, though they also heal pretty fast. I am not sure whether it's purging or break out. I have did patch test before, but no allergy reaction though. I am afraid it's irritation because one of the cyst ithces and they formed not on where I usually got breakouts. But I'm not really sure yet because it's been only 2 weeks, I can only find out after 2-3 more weeks, so I will def update the result.

As for my clogged pores, they are still clogged and so are the gross comedos on my nose.. I don't see any improvement yet. I believe because of the low % of BHA, it will work veeery slow. I don't mind with the slowness as long as it doesn't caused any trouble (that's why I hope I am just purging).

The BHA Overnight Mask alone is moisturizing enough for my combi-oily-acne prone skin, I don't see any flakes nor super oily skin the morning after using the product.

Here's how my skin looks after 2 weeks of using COSRX BHA Overnight Mask:
Review COSRX Low pH BHA Overnight Mask
Update: I continued using it for the next 1 month, and the big, deep, itchy cysts kept appearing one by one.
And now I have stopped using the BHA Overnight Mask for almost a month, without any other change to my regime and the cysts have stopped forming since then.
So it's confirmed that I am allergic to one of the ingredients. Looking back to my experience with another 2 COSRX products I also experienced the same thing, so I might be allergic to one of their main ingredients.. after checking down the ingredients lists from 3 products that I've tried from COSRX, it could be butylene glycol (which is supposed to be mildly comedogenic -if you don't have severe acne prone skin it doesn't cause you acne), so in this case my cyst experience with COSRX is very subjective because not so many ppl that I know got any reaction to Butylene Glycol.

Pro(s):
+ Moisturizing enough
+ Feels light on my skin despite of its balmy texture
+ Hygienic packaging
+ Helps to heal existing pimples pretty fast
+ Doesn't contain fragrance
+ Affordable

Con(s):
- I'm sensitive or allergic to one of the ingredients
- Since the percentage of BHA is very low, it takes very long time to see the result
- Only available at some online shops

Verdict: I'm in love and hate relationship with COSRX Low pH BHA Overnight Mask. It's good to have low percentage of BHA when I am still breastfeeding, it's gently exfoliating and can even be used for acids beginner. But in the other hand, the dense overnight mask will make it less effective since it's usually applied at the last step of our regime. And as I mentioned before, I haven't tried it long enough to find out whether I got purging or irritated from it, so I will update in the next 2-3 weeks.If you are used with acid, esp. BHA.. you won't like this. But if you are a beginner in acids, or you tried BHA in higher percentage before but your skin couldn't take it.. This one might be friendly for you. Some of the ingredients could be irritating for some people though, so do patch test always.. 

Repurchase: Still don't know yet, we'll see in the next 3 weeks if I like it.

Price: USD 21 (as per 30/3/2018 the discounted price is USD 15.75)

Where to buy: Jolse
Sociolla (Use code SBN049B9E at check out to get IDR 25k off for min. purchase of 150k)

Thanks for reading my post!

ps. The product is provided by Jolse for review purpose, but the review was made honestly based on my own experience and opinion

Love,

6 comments:

  1. Seems like it had such a milder formula than the other aha bha product from COSRX, but to be honest I’d rather choose product that working slow than fast, lol. Am I too weird?

    Anyway, thanks for sharing!

    xx
    Ayu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are milder product from cosrx, the PHA Cream which is waiting to be tried on lol. No, ofc it's not.. :)

      Thank you so much for stopping by xxx

      Delete
  2. The result make me want to try it.. <3
    I love the packaging btw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to find out whether I got purging or breaking out though XD
      IKR, simple, hygienic and yet looks great..

      Thanks for stopping by xx

      Delete
  3. Salfok sama foto2nya 😁 kapan2 bikin tutorial foto ya hahahahaa

    ReplyDelete