Categories

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Review: Astalift Jelly Aquarysta

Hiya gorgeous!!

Another beauty product that has been patiently waiting for its turn in my beauty stash.. It's a skin care from Fuji Film (yes, they also manufactured skin care and make up!) you probably have heard it quite often: Astalift Jelly Aquarysta, it's Astalift best selling & most fave product.
Astalift Jelly Aquarysta Review

Once I was invited to Astalift event (thanks to Clozette Indonesia), I learned that Astalift Jelly Aquarysta is a booster / pre-serum that could maximize the absorption of our skin care products. The good news is, it's suitable to be combined with any other skin care brand.. even the ones from the dermatologist. So we don't have to buy their entire line :)

Alright let's just get straight to Astalift Jelly Aquarysta honest review from me..
Astalift Jelly Aquarysta Honest Review
Official Description:
"Jelly Aquarista is Japan’s No. 1 anti-ageing phenomenon. Jelly texture with dual human type nano-ceramide help locked & replenished skin moisture, strengthen skin barrier, soften and moisturizer skin. The Savior of severely dehydrated skins.  Enhances skin’s moisture retention ability, keeping it fresh and translucent."
Key ingredients
human-type nano-Ceramide nano-Astaxanthin nano-Lycopene Collagen Damask Rose
Source: Astalift

I can't find its full ingredients list on their website, so I took a picture from the box instead:
Astalift Jelly Aquarysta Ingredients
Its key ingredients are supposed to be soo good in helping us to combat aging and dry skin issues..
Ceramides 6, 3 & 1 are natural components of human skin, All four layers of the epidermis contain ceramides, and they play an important role by creating a barrier which reduces infection and helps to retain the skin’s moisture. In a Japanese study, eight people's eyelids were treated with a ceramide gel for four weeks with the result that “water content of eyelid skin was significantly increased after treatment.”  There’s also a French study, showing that topical ceramides with “other skin lipids” improved skin barrier repair.* 
Trisodium acts as antioxidants, this ingredients is one of Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C) derivative.
Lupine is peptides;  a potent anti-aging skincare ingredient that encourage skin elasticity, increase hydration and diminish the appearance of aging on the skin:)
Haematococcus Pluvialis Oil is the Astaxanthin, an anti-inflammatory and potent antioxidant, 1000 times more effective than vit E.**
Cholesterol works to strengthen the outer structure of the skin and protect it from dehydration.

The ingredients sounds too good to be true, right?

There are 2 mildly comedogenic ingredients from the list: Butylene Glycol & Tocopherol which won't affect most people but will make someone with severe acne skin prone wanna avoid it. And 2 ingredients that could probably irritate some person: Fragrance and Sodium Hydroxide.

Packaging: Astalift Jelly Aquarysta is packaged in a red jar made of (doubled) sturdy plastic with screw lid.
Review Astalift Jelly Aquarysta
It's wrapped in red carton box, full of description written in Japanese, and like any other Japanese product, there's no information in English whatsoever.. But Astalift Indonesia sticked a sticker full of information in Bahasa Indonesia. It has a aluminium safety seal.
Astalift Jelly Aquarysta Review Indonesia
The booster comes with a matchy red transparent spatula and a transparent-sturdy plastic tray with a space to stick its spatula to keep it hygienic. It's quite bulky, but the biggest size that I have here is 60g so it's still allowed in the cabin. I can say it's quite travel friendly. Even thought I always preferred a pump or tube packaging, but I never hope Astalift Jelly Aquarysta to change its packaging because the texture is really fun to see every single time, I'll let you know at the 'Texture' section.

Scent: It has rose scent, I like how it smell but dislike it at the same time bcs the product contains fragrance :(

Texture: It's a transparent orange jelly, literally jelly -like jelly drink if you ever tried it- that will get back to it's form in a few hours? (never observed it)
Astalift Jelly Aquarysta Booster Review
BUT HOW FUN IT IS TO SEE A FLAT SURFACE EVERY TIME YOU OPEN THE PRODUCT!! It feels like opening a new product every single time. And scooping it out reminds me the jelly I always bought in my elementary school back then, I often wiggle the spatula to see the jelly gets wiggly lol. 
Jelly like skin care

Performance:
My first Impression: Even though it looks and feels like jelly,
Astalift Jelly Aquarysta Indonesia
once it's applied to the skin it spreads easily like a dream, non-sticky, a little goes a long way, absorbs very quickly.. within 15 seconds so I never had to wait to apply my next step, and it feels very light. It left a slight healthy shine (dewy kind of) film on my face for a while, but then it went normal.
Astalift Jelly Aquarysta
I only need this much to cover my entire face:
Astalift Jelly Aquarysta Review Bahasa Indonesia
The morning after my first application, my T-zone looked oilier than usual even though it was winter (and it looked slightly orangey). But the day after, my skin has got its balance.
I use it religiously AM & PM before my moisturizer (haven't found another right serum after this one, and currently has no access to that one) for a month and a week, and I could see my skin looks healthier and feels more hydrated, not as dull and dry as before. But at the same time my pores are more congested than before, hence I also got new pimples, but not the big -achy- deep cysts kind that I usually had when my skin was dehydrated, but still.. pimples are pimples. They leave scars.
You can see my face after using Astalift Jelly Aquarysta After 1 month + 1 week.
Astalift Jelly Aquarysta Before After Result
I assume it's because of the butylene glycol that always made my skin reacted, and the fragrance.

Even so, I'm still using it daily only on one side of my cheek to see a better comparison, and it's been another 1 month + 1 week:
Before After Astalift Jelly Aquarysta
My overall skin texture got better, but you can see some pimples there.

Pro(s):
+ Very light, non-sticky and doesn't leave any greasy film
+ A little goes a long way
+ Absorbed completely in 15 seconds
+ Packed with amazing antioxidants, anti-aging and hydrating ingredients
+ Hydrating
+ Improving overall skin texture
+ Has spatula holder(I swear I'm gonna reuse it)

Con(s):
- Break me out a little (my skin hates butylene glycol)
- Contains fragrance
- On the expensive side
- The packaging is a bit bulky (probably because mine is jumbo size)

Verdict: I could see my skin has improved, it's really good for everyone who has dehydrated skin and needs anti-aging skin care in their routine. But for those who can not tolerate fragrance in their skin care, skip it. (Dear Fuji Film, please make Astalift Jelly Aquarysta fragrance free, and change butylene glycol with propylene glycol lol)

Repurchase: For now, no.

Price: SGD 148 for 40g - Sorry, couldn't find price in IDR

Where to buy: Astalift SG
Astalift Indonesia Counter:
SOGO Dept. Store : Mall Alam Sutera, Mall Kelapa Gading, Central Park, Emporium Pluit, Sun Plaza Medan
METRO Dept. Store : Gandaria City
WATSONS : Mall Pondok Indah, Grand Indonesia
Lotte Shopping Avenue

Thanks for reading my post!

ps. I got the product from a competition, however the review was made honestly based on my own experience and opinion

*Source: https://www.truthinaging.com/review/ceramides-the-new-skincare-breakthrough
** Source: https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/agricultural-and-biological-sciences/haematococcus

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment