Categories

Monday, January 8, 2018

REVIEW: W.Lab W-Snow Black Hall BB Cushion #23

Hi gorgeous!

Happy New Year!!
It's officially my first post in 2018!

I know it's been a while.. I'm currently discovering more make up iso skin care, since I got sensitive & acne-prone skin which is already exhausted from swapping too much skin care products. I also started to vlog (please help to subscribe if you haven't ;)), and it's in Bahasa Indonesia, because I notice that I receive more pageviews from posting in my mother tongue. I'm also planning to post more in Bahasa Indonesia, but we'll see...

Anywayy.. In the beginning of my discovery in beauties, I love Korean Beauty the most (I still do though, but more likely in skin care iso make up). I also like the idea of how simple and multi tasking BB cream is, perfect for daily wear. And look at those pretty dewy looks on Asian! Who wouldn't want to steal them? Hence, I kept on having dewy look on my face until my bestfriend said that my face looks so oily lol. Then I tried to put some loose powder and poof.. apparently matte skin looks best on me, bcs I got oily and UN-flawless skin.. Since then, I stop believing in BB cream and moved on to mattifying foundation.

But when the BB cushions were happening, I was also curious and the thought of having mirror, BB cream and applicator in one item was irresistable (when you have baby / toddler, the chance of doing your make up in the car increased by 200%). But you know, I don't feel like having dewy which will turn to oily face and dull look on me, so I just suppresed my temptation, until I saw some BB cushions that designed for oily skin. Ok now there is quite a lot out there, but I chose W. Lab because it was in a special bundling package on Althea (on budget mode ON).

Its claims are also tempting, see below:
It's even formulated for troubled skin. I am def sold! Now let's head on to its review:

Packaging: nothing special with the packaging, just a black colored bb cushion case made of sturdy plastic. There were seal sticker with shade information, the Cushion is wrapped in alu-plastic to keep its freshness. The box was smooth when it arrived, but my daughter squeezed it, hence the wrinkles lol
Texture: the texture is thin, light and buildable
Performance: The first impression trying W.Lab Black Hall BB Cushion was quite surprising, it was so fair even though I got shade #23 (I'm NC 25-30), then I remember all Korean BB creams are designed to make your face looks fairer, but it blends with my skin tone and ended up made me look slightly fairer without being ashy. But now since it's winter, the shade is a perfect match for me.

The coverage is medium high. It's even better than a western brand drop foundation which was my fave before I tried W Lab BB Cushion. Just look at this:
I wasn't wearing any primer, color corrector, or concealer at all in the picture.

The W.Lab Black Hall Cushion gives a matte finish, but not that kind of dead matte, and not cakey whatsoever. It didn't transfer. This is how it looks on my face WITH primer that I reviewed here:
Tutorial of this look can be seen here
The staying power is also great, I once worn it to a friend's party in different town and it still looked good after 14 hours, not cakey, no patchy areas.. it didn't control my oily T-zone but hey, it's been 14 hours!

The only downside is, it doesn't deliver its claim about not worsening troubled skin. In fact, I still got new pimple at the end of the day after wearing this BB Cushion. But most of (if not all) foundations do the same thing to me anyway and it doesn't horribly break me out so I don't think it's unacceptable.

Pro(s):
+ Easily applied & blends very well
+ Simple to use & super travel friendly packaging (it applies to all BB Cushion I guess but hey, it's ny first one so gotta mention it)
+ Great coverage, beyond expectation!
+ The shade blends with my skin tone and doesn't make it look ashy
+ Not cakey & doesn't crease
+ Good staying power

Con(s):
- Only available from online shop in Indonesia

Verdict: I really love W.Lab Black Hall BB Cushion and this experience made me wanna try another matte finish Korean BB Cushions. If your skin condition is similar to me, and you like to do your make up on the go, just give it a try!!

Price: around IDR 200k++

Where to buy: I got it from Althea, but now since they are no longer ship cosmetics and skin care to Indonesia (thanks to our customs :(), maybe we can find it on shopee or tokopedia. If you live outside of Indonesia, you can get it from yesstyle, Althea, or qoo10

Thanks for reading my post

Lots of love..

2 comments:

  1. Warnanya masuk banget di kulitmu hihi Tadinya kupikir bakalan medium gitu warnanya, tapi pas udah appy jadi cocok banget ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. iya awal apply malah kok kykny putih bgt.. tnyt pas diblend jd just right.
      thank you udh mampir xx

      Delete